The Board of Parole welcomes views and information from victims and victims’ families. All contact from victims and victim’s families will remain confidential.
The following channels are available for victim input:
1. Victims or victims’ families may contact the Board of Parole by letter or telephone prior to the date of hearing.
Delaware Board Of Parole
Carvel State Office Building
820 North French Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Telephone: (302) 577-5233
Fax: (302) 577-3501
2. Victims or victims’ family member(s) may testify before the Board in person or through video conferencing.
- Individuals who wish to offer presentations to the board should notify the victim input coordinator at least 1 week before the hearing date. The offender will not be present when the victim or victims’ families present their views.
- Any individual’s statement must not exceed 5 minutes unless the Board agrees in advance to extend the presentation time. Groups are expected to identify a spokesperson.
- The Board restricts the number of individuals attending hearings as follows: for the offender, 2 persons from a community based support group plus the offender’s attorney(s); in opposition, 5 persons plus representative(s) of the state. Employees of the department of correction are not included in this restriction. The Board can waive this requirement upon majority vote of the Board members present if written documentation of good cause for the presence of additional persons is presented to the board at least 1 week before the hearing.
- The Board reserves the right to deny admission or continued attendance to individuals who threaten or present a danger to participants, or who disrupt the hearing.
3. For cases considered for parole, victims and victim’s families will be notified in writing of the Board’s decision, unless they have not provided the Board with their address, or unless they have indicated they do not wish to receive this notification.
For information on victim services or problems, contact the Department of Justice Victim / Witness Program at (302) 577-2055 (New Castle County), (302) 739-4211 (Kent County) or 853-5352 (Sussex County).